19 Feb Refreshing and Healthy Drink Recipe – Almond ginger milk
Almond ginger milk
We have some good quality organic almonds arriving from Europe. They were then activated and peeled. I made almond milk once a week with different flavours, hmm.., it tasted so good and refreshing. Try the chilled one, it is soothing in this hot weather.
I do not go for store-bought almond milk or almond powder as they always seem emitting an offensive odour.
Here is the recipe to share with you.
Organic almond 100g
Filtered water 400g
Fresh organic ginger root 3 slices
Macrobiotic sea salt 1 pinch
- Soak almond milk with enough filtered water overnight.
- Drain & rinse under running water. Add 400g filtered water and puree them in a blender for about 1 minute together with the ginger.
- Pour into a stainless steel pot, bring to a boil and stir a few times. Add sea salt.
- Let cool. Transfer to a cotton bag, and squeeze out the milk.
- If you like a creamy consistency, you could add a pinch of organic guar gum to the cold almond milk and mix well. There is no need to add sugar to the almond milk and it tasted sweet naturally.
You could add organic matcha green tea powder, organic carob powder or even organic toasted soy powder or activated brown rice powder for different flavours to suit different moods. Half a teaspoon of organic ginger powder could be used instead if you do not have fresh ginger.
You could add the almond spent to pancake, cookies or bread.
By June Ka Lim
Macrobiotic vegan chef
17 Feb 2016