- 1/2 teaspoon Unsui organic matcha powder
- 150 ml Pure Harvest soy milk in 1L tetra pack
- Bring the soymilk to a boil in a stainless steel pot.
- While waiting for the soymilk to boil, put matcha powder in a teacup, add a little cold soymilk and stir to dissolve the matcha powder. A 100-stick bamboo cha-sen whisk is preferred for stirring, although a battery-powered whisk works well too.
- Whisk the boiling soy milk until foamy using either the bamboo cha-sen or an electric whisk.
- When the matcha powder is dissolved, pour in the foamy hot soymilk. It will be fun if you create some patterns on the surface of the foamy soymilk which makes your day happy in the morning or lifts your spirit in your afternoon tea break.
- Serve warm.
Note: You can also use Pure Harvest rice milk, oat milk or a mix of soy and rice milk depending on the condition of your body.
As the soymilk is already flavored with rice malt, it is unnecessary to add sugar. It is inadvisable to add any more sugar to this drink.
Recipe by June Ka Lim, macrobiotic chef and counselor