10 Mar The healthiest dessert in the world: Black sesame truffle, organic
This week, I wish to share with you the healthiest dessert in the world, the black sesame truffle, made with organic ingredients. On top of that they are vegan, non-gluten and free from refined sugar.
I love this chewy dessert very much. When you chew on them, you surely feel a sense of tranquility and calmness that the truffle imparts. The sprouted brown rice powder coating the truffle helps calm the nervous system and you are guaranteed a deep and relaxing sleep if you take them after dinner.
Here is the preparation method:
Make 10 slices truffle of 1cm thickness and 3cm in diameter
3 tablespoons black tahini
2-3 tablespoons brown rice amazake (a complex sweetener replacing refined sugar)
6-7 tablespoons sprouted brown rice powder, toasted
Extra water for adjustment
Sprouted brown rice powder for coating
- In a mixing bowl, mix the tahini, amazake until well-combined.
- Add the brown rice powder in small batches, make sure mixture is well- combined. You will feel more connected with food if you mix the dough by hand.
- Add extra water if mixture is too dry or extra brown rice powder, if too wet.
- Shape dough into a 3-cm diameter cylinder form, place on a cutting board, cut into rings of about 1cm thickness.
- Coat with sprouted brown rice powder.
Amazake is made from fermented sprouted brown rice and koji culture. It is a complex sweetener, which does not spike the insulin unlike the other refined sugar or other simple sugar.
Watch out for more macrobiotic snack and dessert recipes next week.
The macrobiotic guru