Profile of June Ka Lim
c/f Lapan Wellness Café
621, Jalan 17/8, 46400 Petaling Jaya
Managing Director of Woods Eco-cuisine Sdn Bhd
Director of Radiant Code Sdn Bhd
Executive chef at Lapan Wellness Cafe
Principal of Woods Macrobiotic Cooking Academy of Southeast Asia
Macrobiotic diet and lifestyle counsellor
English, Mandarin, Malay, Japanese
- B. Com. NUS, (Business Management) Singapore
- Certified Neurolinguistic psychologist, USA
- Certified Aroma therapist, UK
- Graduate of Kushi Insitute, Europe in Macrobiotic food healing and lifestyle
- Graduate of Kushi Institute, USA in Macrobiotic food healing for serious diseases
- Trained Vegan Chef at Institute of Culinary Awakening, Seattle, USA
- Trained at The Natural Gourmet Institute in natural desserts, New York, USA
- Trained at Pestalozzi, Germany under Master Bio Baker, Hanspeter Wibbet for organic bread & pastry making
- Trained in Soto Zen food styling, Shojin Ryori at Fushiki An, Japan under Shojin Ryori ffffmaster Mari Fujii Sensei.
- Graduate of Permaculture Design diploma course at Koanga Institute, New Zealand on sustainable agriculture and eco-village design 2012.
- Trained at Bio-dynamic Agriculture Foundation basic course, Bellingen, Australia, 2014
- Advance Certificate in macrobiotic food healing at Osaka Macrobiotic Association 2013.
- Trained in Natural Building & Earth Homes, Thailand 2016
- Advance Certificate in Professional Photography
- Participated in the International Macrobiotic Master chef Teaching Programme 2018 in Milan, Italy
* Pioneer of organic industry in Malaysia
- Founder of Reldex Sdn Bhd, the first organic food importer in Malaysia in 1989
- Extensive macrobiotic diet and lifestyle counseling experience since 1993.
- Founder of Woods Eco-cuisine Sdn Bhd, the first organic macrobiotic vegan restaurant and healing centre in Malaysia in 1993 (www.macrobiotics-malaysia.com)
- Founder of Radiant Code Sdn Bhd, a general organic food importer and wholesale distributor in Malaysia in 2000
- Founder of Hanspeter Bio Backerei, the first organic slow bread vegan artisan bakery in Malaysia in 2007
- Founder of Woods Macrobiotic Cooking Academy of Southeast Asia in 2006
- Founder of Kushi International Macrobiotic School Malaysia, 2018
- Founded Dhama Drum Mountain Buddhist centre Malaysian Chapter in 1989 (www.ddm.org)
- President, Dharma Drum Mountain Buddhist Centre, Malaysian Chapter, 1993-2001.
- Vice-president, The Malaysian Vegetarian Society 1996.
- Certified Chan Meditation teacher for beginners, Soto zen lineage under Zen Master Sheng-Yan from year 2000
- Community leader for a Buddhist congress of 12,000 audience in 2001 in Kuala Lumpur for Zen Master, Dr. Sheng-yan’s visit to Malaysia
❖ Author of:
- Basic Vegetarian cooking booklet
- Basic vegan cooking,
- Macrobiotic for life
- A Taste of Zen: Soul food for Zen practitioners, Taiwan publication
- A Taste of Zen: Soul food for Zen practitioners, China publication
- The Essence of Macrobiotics (Published in Aug 2016, Simplified Chinese edition)
Columnist in various local newspapers and magazines
Delivering regular public talks and cooking classes, both locally and internationally on macrobiotic lifestyle, diet and environmental health issues.
International talks conducted in Melbourne and Perth, Australia, Singapore, Kunming & Xiamen, China, Milan Italy, Jakarta Indonesia and Taiwan,