Woods Macrobiotics Cooking Academy of Southeast Asia
Class conducted by: June Ka Lim, macrobiotic vegan chef
Food quality: macrobiotic, organic, vegan, simple sugar-free
Ingredients available at: www.healthyfoodmalaysia.com/order
Part III recipe
- Koji leavened pumpkin mugwort bread
- Brown rice Bavarois
Recipe 1: Koji leavened pumpkin mugwort bread
- Pumpkin 80g
- Mugwort 5g
- Carrot 30g
- High protein bread flour 150g
- High protein wholemeal bread flour 10g
- Brown rice koji leaven 50g
- Macrobiotic sea salt 3g
- Light sesame oil 10g
- Kombu shiitake dashi stock no. 1: 40g-50g
- Black pepper powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red currant
- Coconut flour
- Scrub and rinse the pumpkin under running water. Cut into thin slices and put into a steamer over rapid boiling water. Steam for about 10 minutes until soft. Drain. Remove the pumpkin peel, chop and mash the rest in a suribachi when warm to the touch
- In a pot, bring water to a boil, blanch the mugwort, drain. Chop.
- Scrub and rinse the carrot, julienne, and then chop.
- In a mixing bowl, add bread flour and sea salt. Mix to combine.
- Add fermented koji and kombu dashi stock, mix well.
- Add pumpkin, mugwort and carrot, mix well and add oil. Combine and transfer to a worktable.
- Dust with flour, knead the dough until smooth.
- Put in a lined bread or cake tin, let ferment for about 4-5 hours. Mist with water and cover. When the dough has risen, dust with flour as decoration.
- Preheat the oven to 220C and bake the bread for about 20-25 minutes in a gas oven. Remove and let cool, garnish.
Recipe 2: Brown rice Bavarois
- Soy milk, unsweetened 160g
- Brown rice beverage powder, with Gaba, toasted 20g
- Macrobiotic sea salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Kudzu, unrefined 10g mix with 3 tablespoons water to dissolve
- Brown rice syrup or maple syrup 2 tablespoons
- Sesame oil, cold-pressed 1 tablespoon
- Cranberry jam or strawberry jam 10g
- Fresh cranberry or raspberry, a few
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- 2 raspberries
- Mint leaves
- 2 glass cups
- In a stainless steel pot, dissolve brown rice beverage powder in soymilk. Stir to combine well.
- Bring to a boil, simmer and stir with a whisk. Add sweetener, sea salt and sesame oil. Mix well. Cook until thick and creamy.
- Remove from fire, transfer to serving cups. Top with jam.
Functions of this menu: improves digestion.
Copyrights reserved @June Ka Lim 2021/12