10 Dec A healthier Christmas Feast Cooking Class Part III
Woods Macrobiotics Cooking Academy of Southeast Asia
A healthier Christmas Feast Cooking Class Part III
Conducted by: June Ka Lim, macrobiotic vegan chef
Food quality: macrobiotic, organic, vegan, simple sugar-free
Ingredients link at www.healthyfoodmalaysia.com/shop
Part III recipe
Food quality: Macrobiotic, organic, vegan
- Koji leavened pumpkin mugwort bread
- Brown rice Bavarois
Recipe 1 Koji leavened pumpkin mugwort bread
Brown rice koji leaven 50g
Light sesame oil 10g
Kombu shiitake dashi stock no. 1: 40g-50g
Black pepper powder ¼ teaspoon
Cinnamon powder ½ teaspoon
Nutmeg powder ½ teaspoon
Red currant, rosemary, coconut flour
- Scrub and rinse pumpkin under running water. Cut into thin slices and put into a steamer over rapid boiling water. Steam for about 10 minutes until soft. Drain. Remove pumpkin peel, chop and mash the rest in a suribachi when warm to touch.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil, blanch the mugwort, drain. Chop.
- Scrub and rinse carrot. Julienne and then chop.
- In a mixing bowl, add flours and sea salt. Mix to combine.
- Add fermented koji and kombu dashi stock, mix well.
- Add pumpkin, mugwort and carrot, mix well and add oil. Combine and transfer to a worktable.
- Dust with flour, knead the dough until smooth.
- Put in a lined bread or cake tin, let ferment for about 4-5 hours. Mist with water and cover. When the dough has risen, dust with flour as decoration.
- Preheat oven to 220C and bake the bread for about 20-25 minutes in a gas oven. Remove and let cool, garnish.
Recipe 2: Brown rice Bavarois
Brown rice beverage powder, with Gaba, toasted 20g
Macrobiotic sea salt ¼ teaspoon
Kudzu, unrefined 10g mix with 3 tablespoons water to dissolve
Sesame oil, cold-pressed 1 tablespoon
Cranberry or strawberry jam 10g
Cranberry, or raspberry a few
Pinch of nutmeg powder
2 Glass cups
- In a stainless steel pot, dissolve brown rice beverage powder in soymilk. Stir to combine well.
- Bring to a boil, simmer and stir with a whisk. Add sweetener, sea salt and sesame oil. Mix well. Cook until thick and creamy.
- Remove from fire, transfer to serving cups. Top with jam.
Functions of this menu: improves digestive system.
Copyrights reserved @June Ka Lim 2021/12