Sannen Hira Bancha Tea – The Famous Japanese Medicinal Tea
Sannen Hira Bancha Tea
The Famous Japanese Medicinal Tea
The healing power of Macrobiotic tea
Effective for: blood purification, stomach detox, skin problems, diabetes, metabolic problems, heart disease, radioactive contamination.
There is an old saying that people who drink tea made from tea leaves that are harvested on the eighty-eighth day after the first day of spring will have perfect health and live longer. The tea leaves gathered on this day are the best quality, usually mature and contain a rich aroma and flavour. Tea leaves are harvested several times in a year. The first harvested tea is the best, called Ichi-ban-cha (No.1 tea), then followed by Ni-ban-cha (No.2 tea), and San-ban-cha (No.3 tea). Tea harvested in the later part of the season is called Aki-Bancha (Autumn-Bancha in Japanese). These tea leaves are usually roasted.
MACROBIOTIC Sannen Hira Bancha tea is second-harvest Ni-ban-cha tea and has undergone a fermentation and maturing process of 3 years.
Sannen Hira Bancha has a high proportion of stems and is roasted then fermented. Thus compared to most other Japanese Green Teas, the process is considerably longer and more complex. The tea has a dark brown color. It is considered a rarity in Japan and the best quality ones are highly sought after and always sold out. The tea, as such, is almost unknown outside Japan.
Sannen Hira Bancha is one of the Japanese green teas and is derived from the tea plant Camellia sinensis and var. Sinensis. However due to its special preparation, it yields a fermented tea with very specific health giving characteristics and a particularly soft, earthy flavor.
The tea has been extremely popular in Japan for centuries and is considered the main macrobiotic with many citations from doctors, tea farmers and patients about the positive effects. However, there are so far unfortunately no scientific studies on the tea, neither in Japan, America / UK, Germany or France. The following information was therefore researched first hand in Japan and is based on opinions and personal experience with this great green tea.
Who should take Sannen Hira Bancha
The tea is especially recommended for people who take a lot of sugar, sweets, alcohol, drugs, oils, and dairy products. It is also very valuable for vegans / vegetarians who consume a lot of Yin-heavy foods.
Sannen Hira Bancha is one of the big three combined healing teas for the treatment of hang-overs after alcohol abuse and blood clearance after drug use (cocaine, heroin, ecstasy / MDMA, amphetamines and marijuana), especially on the day following consumption.
In respect of taste it is smooth, soft, earthy and warm and is characterized by a pleasant toasty aroma. When cold it tastes particularly refreshing, especially in summer. With longer steeping times at higher temperatures it is even stronger and more round- bodied. It is perfect for everyday enjoyment as well as being a therapeutic support as part of a health “cure”.
Sannenbancha has nearly no caffeine content due to the high proportion of stems and the long fermentation. The same applies to the otherwise abundant Tannins found in green tea, which in some cases may have an irritant effect on the intestine and the mucous membranes. The strong positive effects as a general health tea can be improved even further when taken in combination with various other traditional teas.
How to prepare Sannen Hira bancha tea
Take one to two tablespoonful of the bancha tea leaves, pour one litre boiling water of 80C over, and steep for 3-5 minutes. Strain before use. Bancha tea leaves can also be boiled with water on medium flame over a gas stove.
Benefits of Hira Sannen Bancha tea
* Best Tea for blood purification / detoxification and also very good for detoxification of the intestine.
* Supports blood-thinning and helps against blood clotting.
* Strongest anti acid Tea (Alkaline Tea) of all green teas.
* Best Green Tea for skin problems (eczema, atopic eczema, cradle cap, psoriasis , acne, itching, itchy scalp) especially in babies, infants and children.
* Supports the liver and kidneys.
* Strengthens the heart / circulatory system, aids against heart disease.
* Very good for normalizing blood pressure (too low or too high).
* Excellent for intestinal problems (inflammation, mucosal problems, bad digestion, food intolerance) and supports the digestive system in general (particularly the small intestine, large intestine and liver).
* Best macrobiotic Tea (even more pronounced than the popular Bancha tea), since, depending on preparation the neutral yin / yang relationship to the strongly developed Yang, “warms” the body.
* Excellent for sufferers of type 2 diabetes and in support of the pancreas.
* Stimulates the metabolism for those with anorexia and obesity.
* Helps in the prevention of Senility, especially supports thinking power, awareness, creativity and memory.
* Support for insomnia.
* Sannenbancha has preventative and positive effects against damage from radioactive contamination according to the opinion of many macrobiotic scientists in the US and Japan and Dr. Naoki Miura.
Sannen Hira Bancha originates from Shizuoka, Japan
AG-8, block A, Happy Mansion, Jln 17/13,
46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
T: 03-79322439 F: 03-79585795
Face book: woodsmacro