Woods Macrobiotics was established on 22-9-1993 as the first Malaysian Macrobiotic total health and healing centre, providing vegan Macrobiotic organic food including beverages, fresh produce, grocery, health books, magazines, healing CDs, obento lunch boxes delivery service, health cooking classes and diet consultation service. Since the inception, Woods Macrobiotics has grown steadily with the addition of the following outlets:
- Hanspeter Bio Backerei, the artisan vegan organic bakery
- Woods Macrobiotic Cooking Academy of South East Asia
- Woods Eco-cuisine Sdn Bhd, a Macrobiotic products wholesale and retail green grocer, Petaling Jaya
- Woods Obento lunch delivery service
- Unsui Zen Vegan Macrobiotic Private Kitchen (by appointment only)
Our corporate culture:
- Healing with pure plant-based food
- Nurture the earth as it nurtures us
- Sustaining personal and environmental health by providing organic whole food
- Reduce waste
- Create a chemical-free working and dining environment
- Socially responsible
- Eat Food in its whole form
- Balance is the essence
- Pure food is medicine
- Food and the environment are closely related
June Ka Lim is the founder of Woods Macrobiotics. A nature lover and permaculturist, June is also a trained Macrobiotic chef and counselor, holistic nutritionist and an author. Her extensive exposure and training in New York, Boston, Seattle, Japan, Germany, Holland, Japan and Italy gave great inspiration to her menu designing. Her thoughts about Woods: “Nothing comes easy. When you sow a melon seed, it does not guarantee you a melon fruit. The important thing is to always live for now.”
What is Macrobiotics?
- Macrobiotic is a Greek word.
- Macro = Big, large, long
- Bio = Life
- Macrobiotic = Long life diet
The Menu includes appetizer, soup, salad, main course and dessert are prepared based on Macrobiotic principles without chemical additives, preservatives, colouring, M.S.G., refined sugar, refined white four or white rice, eggs, meat and dairy products. Food ingredients such as whole grain cereals, fruits, vegetables, seasoning and dried foods are organically grown and mostly of Japanese origin.
All food are freshly prepared and cooked upon orders for retaining nutrients. With the customers’ health and wellbeing in mind, microwave oven is not used in the kitchen for re-heating food.
AG-8, Block A, Ground Floor, Happy Mansion,
Jalan 17/13, 46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Malaysia.
T: 03-7958 5795 Whatapps/SMS: 012-293 8387
- Macrobiotic Grocery
- Take Away Menu
Top Rated Products
- Unsui organic matcha green tea powder, premium grade RM19.00
- Organic Beet Sugar RM29.30
- Pure Nigari flakes for coagulating tofu RM5.90
- Organic Baby Bancha RM29.80
- Organic Oat Noodles RM7.90